We are excited to introduce you to Troutman Pepper. Effective today, Troutman Sanders and Pepper Hamilton have merged to form a new law firm, Troutman Pepper (Troutman Pepper Hamilton Sanders LLP), with more than 1,100 attorneys in 23 cities across the country.
The combination expands both the capabilities and the presence of the firm in the U.S., and notably brings new depth to the combined firm’s Environmental Practice, which focuses on health and safety, natural resources, pipelines and litigation and includes more than 50 attorneys in 10 offices nationwide. The Environmental Practice is further supported by attorneys in other practices like Real Estate, Financial Services and Litigation, among others.
The legacy Troutman Sanders Environmental Practice Group was already one of the largest and oldest in the country, and the Troutman Pepper combination strengthens our national capabilities by adding expertise in the Northeast, Midwest and West Coast.
The combined firm offers increased benefits and services to our clients, while retaining the same high commitment to client care that has been a hallmark of both firms. Our environmental expertise across the country includes a broad range of industries, from utilities to airlines to pipelines and manufacturing. The areas of continued focus for the Troutman Pepper combined Environmental Practice Group include:
- Air Quality and Climate Change
- Chemicals, Pesticides and Product Regulation
- Contaminated Site, Waste Management (including Pharmaceutical) and Remediation
- Enforcement Defense and Litigation
- Health and Safety
- Natural Resources
- Pipeline and LNG
- Transactions and Environmental Diligence
- Water Quality and Water Resources
Rankings like Chambers USA, The Legal 500 and Best Lawyers® consistently list Troutman Pepper as a go-to environmental firm. We are recognized by Chambers USA in Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia, with individuals recognized in Georgia, Illinois, New York, North Carolina and Virginia. The Legal 500 recognizes Troutman Pepper nationally in three environmental disciplines: Regulatory, Litigation and Transactional.
U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2020 National Rankings
- Named “Law Firm of the Year” for Energy
- Nationally ranked in Tier 1 for Environmental Law
- Nationally ranked in Tier 1 for Litigation: Environmental
- Nationally ranked in Tier 2 for Oil and Gas Law
U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers 2020 National Rankings
- 15 individuals ranked for Environmental Law
- 8 individuals ranked for Litigation – Environmental
Please continue to follow our Environmental Law & Policy Monitor and Pipelaws blogs to receive the latest news, analysis and commentary on your industry. You can read more about Troutman Pepper and our hallmark focus on client care at troutman.com.